Zooey The Amazing

Sorry about that last post. It was pretty severely emo. Bad day. Bad thoughts. But I got through it. That's what the drugs do. They don't take the bad days away, they just make them easier to handle.

What helped even more is my sister's spider-sense for when I'm feeling down. I swear that girl is psychic. I left her a kind of ambiguous text message about feeling blue. Not more than an hour later, she showed up with ice cream (Neapolitan, duh), A Walk to Remember (which I've seen a hundred times), and Dear John, another N.S. movie (as we true fans like to call him, lol) which I've never seen).

Then she actually asked if I wanted to watch with her. Ha. It's like someone offering you gold and then asking if you want to take it.

We watched. We ate. We cried. Then we went down to the mall. Not to shop. No, no. I hate shopping. Clothes make me feel bad. They either make you look ugly and therefore make want to cry, or make you look great and therefore remind you that you have no money.

But being mutually broke since forever didn't stop us from having fun. We got a smoothie at Jamba Juice and people-watched in the food court. We wrote down the best.

  1. A man with a mullet (Zooey has a thing for mullets, it's weird).
  2. An elderly woman screaming at a security guard.
  3. Two goth teenagers (both with more facial piercings than I could count on one hand) standing in the Disney store, contemplating Winnie the Pooh merchandise.
  4. The most adorable baby in the universe. Big brown eyes. Looked half black, half something else. Wearing a panda bear hat on his head.
  5. Two maintenance men chasing a squirrel that got in the mall somehow.
Zooey wrote it on a napkin she got from McDonalds. She's vegan, hates McDonalds, so she thought we should use their napkins.

What I love about my sister the most is that she knows how to be around me when I feel like my world is falling apart. She doesn't pry. She doesn't lecture. She just sits.

Sometimes when you feel down that's all you need. Someone to sit next to you and remind you that you're a perfectly serviceable human being.

And Dear John, by the way, made me cry at least three different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment